Evolving Cyber Risks in a COVID-19 World
The COVID-19 pandemic unleashed a perfect storm of events that exposed organizations to increased cyber risk vulnerability with both emerging and atypical cyber risks. Employees are juggling job responsibilities with concern for the safety of themselves and their families. The workforce has transitioned to remote work with little or no preparation and training. Organizations are focused on surviving with massive revenue reductions and global economic upheaval. With this much chaos, hackers and other cybercriminals have an opportunity to capitalize on our vulnerability.
- Communicate remote work cyber risk exposure
- Highlight privacy law implications
- Raise concerns about vendor risk management and SOC reporting
- Emphasize focus on cyber risks
- Consider cybersecurity in the new normal